Announcements‎ > ‎

The troop wishes to recognize the Colesville Presbyterian Church

posted Jan 22, 2013, 1:06 PM by Troop Webmaster   [ updated May 3, 2019, 7:01 AM by Hans Mair ]
Boy Scout Troop 1441  

Sponsored by the Colesville Presbyterian Church  
November 15, 2012  
The troop wishes to recognize the:  Colesville Presbyterian Church  

Boy Scout Troop 1441 expresses its sincere gratitude for the extensive support Colesville Presbyterian Church has provided as our sponsoring organization for the past 27 years. We will never forget the close bond the troop and Church enjoyed for over a quarter of a century.

During these last 27 years both the Church and the troop have benefited from this great relationship. The troop is most appreciative of the support offered by its chartered organization representatives who gave much attention to the troop needs. They also suggested how the troop could help the Church with Eagle Scout projects to make improvements to the church facility. It is with deep emotion that the troop is leaving the Colesville Presbyterian Church and begins a new era with another church, because this was so much more than just a sponsorship. We will always remember when the troop had only a small number of scout members and our meeting place at the Cannon Road Elementary School was becoming unaffordable. It was then the Church offered its Fellowship Hall for our meeting location at no cost to the troop. This alone made our troop viable during a most difficult time. Thank you so very much.

Signed:  
Benjamin L. Allen, Troop Committee Chair  
John J. Wnek, Troop Scoutmaster
Comments